Kitchen fabric chairs are attractive, but upholstery fabric cleaning is sometimes a tough job. Fabric usually gets dirty and may also get food stains. In this article, you will learn a complete guide in a step-wise manner for cleaning fabric kitchen chairs.
Step 1: Check the Cleaning Code of the Fabric Chair
Before starting upholstery fabric cleaning, you must know what you can use to clean the fabric. For this, look for the code on the chair, which can be any of the following:
- X (Vacuum)
- W/S or S/W (Water or Solvent)
- S (Solvent)
- W (Water)
Each symbol indicates what you can use for upholstery fabric cleaning. For example, X means you can clean the chair fabric with vacuuming.
Step 2: Vacuuming
If you need a simple method for cleaning fabric kitchen chairs to remove dust then follow these steps:
- Attach brush attachment to your vacuum cleaner. However, if the fabric of the chair is fragile, then you must use the upholstery attachment for vacuuming.
- Now, clean the chair fabric with the right to left overlapping strokes. Use this method to deep clean surface of the chair.
- Once the surface is cleaned, attach crevice attachment and clean crevices and seams of the chair.
Step 3: Cleaning Fabric Kitchen Chair
You can skip it if your chair is not too dirty. This method is helpful to deep clean the fabric.
- To make a cleaning solution for upholstery fabric cleaning, add three teaspoon dish liquid soap into three cups of warm water and add it in a spray bottle. Mix it well by shaking the bottle
- On the dirty chair surface, spray the solution you made to clean it.
- Take a sponge and gently rub the surface in a circular manner.
- Take a clean white towel and soak up the moisture. If the towel gets wet, use the other side of it.
- Let it dry before use.
Step 4: Stubborn Stain Cleaning
If you need cleaning fabric kitchen chairs’ guide to remove stains, then follow these steps:
- In a spray bottle, mix a half cup of white vinegar and one cup of water and make the cleaning solution by shaking it thoroughly.
- Spray this cleaning solution on the stained area.
- Soak excessive cleaning solution with a clean white towel.
- Let it dry completely.
If in the first attempt, the stain does not go, repeat this upholstery fabric cleaning process.
There are different methods available to clean the fabric of your kitchen chair. However, you need to first check what is suitable for the fabric by following the first step mentioned in this guide. Regular vacuuming keeps it clean and acts immediately when you see the stain.
Read Next Blog: How To Clean Fabric Dining Chairs At Home In 9 Steps
It is also advisable to use steam cleaning for all upholstered furniture, including, fabric kitchen chair to deep clean the fabric. Make sure to use a professional service as that is the best option.