Stains not only ruin the beauty of your upholstered furniture, but it also results in odour and permanent damage to the fabric. Moreover, if it is a coffee stain, it can become worse. Thus, we have shared a complete guide on upholstery cleaning to deal with the coffee stains effectively.
1. Act immediately
If you see coffee getting spilled in front of your eyes, consider it a situation of emergency.
- Grab a paper towel and try to blot the liquid as much as you can.
- Do not rub the stain to push it deeper into the fabric. Simply blot it.
- Get another clean paper towel or dish towel and gently clean the spill with water. Be gentle and avoid rubbing.
- Once the stain is removed, use another paper towel to blot excessive water and moisture and let it dry completely.
If you are lucky enough, your coffee spill will not get a chance to become a stubborn stain and you are sorted. However, if you see the coffee stain later or if this method does not remove the stain, follow the next steps of upholstery cleaning.
2. Making Cleaning Solution
- 2/3 cup of lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup of refined white vinegar
- Water at room temperature
- A spray bottles
- 2 Sponge
- Paper towel or a clean white cloth
To make the upholstery cleaning solution, mix white vinegar and water into a spray bottle. Mix it well to make a solution.
3. Stain Cleaning
- Damp a sponge into the upholstery cleaning solution that you have made in step number two. Make sure, you do not soak it into the solution; just damp it.
- Start rubbing gently on the stain from outwards to inwards. Make sure you rub gently and in a circular manner.
- Take another sponge and damp it in the clean water. This water should be at room temperature.
- Remove the upholstery cleaning solution from the upholstery by gently rubbing the damped sponge on the area you have just cleaned.
- If after cleaning the solution, you still see the stain, repeat the steps of applying upholstery cleaning solution and removing it with the clean sponge.
In two rounds, it will remove the coffee stain from your upholstery.
4. Remove Moisture
Once you are done with the stain removal process, you need to follow the last step of upholstery cleaning, which is removing dampness from the upholstery.
- Take a clean white cloth or paper towel and blot the moist area. Press down the towel to remove the dampness and moisture completely.
- Let the upholstery get dry before using it.
This is a simple guide on removing coffee stains from your upholstery furniture. You can also apply this upholstery cleaning method to clean coffee stains from your carpet. It will work effectively on the carpet as well.
Read Next Blog: Stepwise Guide for Cleaning Fabric Kitchen Chairs
If stains are too hard to remove with this upholstery cleaning method, you must call a professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne experts.