Cleaning upholstered furniture is not an easy task and that’s the reason often people use professional upholstery cleaning service which is worth an investment. However, if you want to clean these furniture items at home, then this article is for you. This article shares an effective DIY method for upholstery cleaning, which is unique in itself as it doesn’t make use of vinegar.
Yes, most of the homemade cleaners usually have vinegar as an essential ingredient, but we have a recipe of cleaner that would let you clean upholstery without vinegar. So let’s begin:
Process To Clean Upholstery Without Vinegar
- A spray bottle
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of water
- 1tsp liquid Castile soap
Method of creating the cleaner:
- Pour baking soda in the spray bottle.
- Add 1 cup of water into the spray bottle with the baking soda.
- Close the bottle with the lid and shake it until the baking soda gets dissolved into the water. This process will take the time of one minute or less.
- Now, add the liquid Castile soap.
- You need to gently mix the liquid soap into the mixture you made. You can use the spray bottle handle to mix it by swishing it into a circular manner or gently shake the bottle in a circular manner. Please make sure you must not shake it too hard else it will create too many bubbles and you need to wait until all bubbles are popped to let the solution mixed well and get ready for the upholstery cleaning.
The cleaner is ready to clean upholstery without vinegar.
How to perform cleaning?
First of all, try on a smaller portion of the upholstered furniture to test it for its effect. Generally, it is good for all upholstered furniture so no need to worry about it. But still, it is good to be cautious. Once you are done with the test you are ready to clean upholstery without vinegar. Spray the solution on the affected area with stains or dirt and then gently wipe it out. In case, if you see the cleaner is getting separated, which happens over time, just swish the bottle again in a circular manner to mix it well and then directly apply on the surface.
Even if it doesn’t have vinegar, it works amazingly well as upholstery cleaner. This cleaning solution can also be used for tile cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and in the kitchen to get rid of grease. It is also cheaper as all ingredients are available at cost effective rates. This solution is also safe for pets and kids, which makes it perfect to clean upholstery without vinegar.
We hope this DIY upholstery cleaning helps you to clean your furniture and house.