Couch aka Sofa is used regularly in offices and houses and that’s why they easily get dirty. As it is used by the guests as well, it has to look tidy. Thus, couch cleaning needs to be on the top of your cleaning list. Today, we will talk about dealing with water spilling on the sofa by kids and sometimes by adults as well. Even if water is colorless, it often leaves stains on some types of sofas. Also, if it stays for longer a simple spill can convert into stains. Believe it or not, spilled water stains are common. Thus, it is necessary to clean spilled water stain as soon as possible.
Quick Guide To Clean Spilled Water Stain From Couch:
- Don’t try to rub or wipe the area with hands because it pushes damp deeper into the couch fiber.
- Get a dry towel and put it on the top of the area where the water is spilled. Firmly push it down to blot up spilled water. Once you feel it is wet, just lift it up. Put the dry side of the towel on the affected area and repeat the process.
- The next step is tricky as it covers couch steam cleaning. Get a dryer or similar tool to blow hot air on the area where the water is spilled. This part needs caution as whether to use it or not depends on the fabric and manufacturer’s instructions of the sofa.
- Take a clean dry towel again and place it on the affected part. Again firmly push it down and try to absorb the remaining water.
- Use dryer for final couch steam cleaning.
This process will extract water not only from the surface, but also from the roots of the fiber. If you get to know the water was spilled on the sofa before some time and it is already converted into the spilled water stains, you need to apply a different type of cleaning method. Here is what you can do to get rid of water stains:
How to Clean Spilled Water Stain From Leather couch:
- Get a clean cloth and damp it into the water in a way that it gets damp
- Wipe the affected area with this cloth until the stain is removed with a gentle hand
- Let it dry. Make sure you don’t use any blower or dryer.
How to Clean Spilled Water Stain From Upholster Couch:
- Take a clean cloth and soak it in the water. Make sure it doesn’t get soggy
- Pat the water stains with this cloth
- Let it dry. Read manufacturer warning. Some upholster sofa allows couch steam cleaning and in this case, the drying time can be reduced
All other types of couches:
- Take water and white vinegar.
- Soak a clean cloth in it.
- Gently rub the stain on the couch with this mixture until the stains disappear