A blot or a small spot can degrade not only the look of the sofa but the whole ambience of the house. A couch is the masterpiece of your living room interior. Keeping it clean and flawless is necessary. But, accidental spills are normal and this may leave stains. Out of all spills, ink can leave the most stubborn stains on your couch. Often professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne is required to remove ink pen stains. However, if you act fast, you may remove the ink stains.
This blog post shares some effective hacks for sofa cleaning Melbourne that will remove ink stains safely.
1. Lemon Juice and Salt
This method of upholstery cleaning in Melbourne is good for fabric or leather couches.
- Fresh lemon juice of one medium-size lemon
- A little bit of salt
- Soft scrub brush
The sofa cleaning Melbourne hack for ink pen stain removal:
- Pour the fresh lemon juice into the stained area.
- Dust some salt on that.
- Take a soft scrub brush and gently rub the stained area for two to three minutes. Make sure you do not rub the area.
- Now, let it sit for twenty minutes and work on breaking and removing the stains.
- The last step of this method of sofa cleaning Melbourne is rinsing the area with water and let it dry.
2. Liquid Dish Soap
- Liquid dish soap
- Warm water
- A spray bottle
- A soft bristle toothbrush
The sofa cleaning Melbourne hack for ink pen stains removal:
- Make soapy water by mixing liquid dish soap in warm water. Pour it in the spray bottle and shake it well.
- Spray this liquid made for upholstery cleaning in Melbourne on the ink stains.
- Take a soft bristle toothbrush and gently scrub the stained area on your sofa for some minutes.
- Let it sit for half an hour and then rinse the couch with clean water.
3. White Vinegar
It is perfect for fabric upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.It can effectively remove the stains.
- White vinegar
- Clean cloth
- Paper towels
The sofa cleaning Melbourne hack for ink stain removal
- Mix an equal quantity of white vinegar and detergent in water to make a thick paste for upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- Apply this paste on the affected area of your sofa to remove ink pen stains.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in clean water. Dab the stained area on the couch with this damped cloth in a circular manner.
- Let it sit for half an hour and work on the ink pen stains.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in water and wipe off the paste from the sofa. Keep repeating this step of sofa cleaning Melbourne until the cloth starts coming out clean.
- Take some paper towels and dab the area that has the paste. Dabbing is to soak excess water.
- Let it dry completely before use.
It is advisable to perform a spot test before actually applying any hack of upholstery cleaning in Melbourne to make sure it is safe for your couch. If these methods fail to remove the stain, then call the professionals.