Often, it becomes tough to deal with stubborn stains on your upholstery. Removing them is necessary to keep your upholstery in a good shape. Grease stains are one of the most stubborn stains that make the whole job of upholstery cleaning quite complicated.
In this blog post, we will share an effective DIY hack for grease stain removal along with some important tips.
DIY Grease Stain Removal Hack for Upholstery
- Liquid dish soap
- Warm water
- Clean, white cloth
- Soft bristle brush
- Spray bottle
Upholstery Cleaning Method
- Make a layer on grease stains of liquid dish soap or dish soap diluted in clean water in the first step of this DIY hack for upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- Leave it for ten to fifteen minutes to work on the stain and break it into particles.
- After ten to fifteen minutes, take a clean, white cloth and moist it into warm water. Use this cloth to remove liquid dish soap from the surface. This process of upholstery cleaning will also transfer stains from your upholstered furniture to the cloth. Keep rinsing the cloth in warm water and change the sides to transfer grease stains as much as possible.
- In the next step of grease stain removal take a spray bottle and mix a half cup of ammonia with a half cup of water. Mix it well to make an effective upholstery cleaning solution.
- Spray the ammonia-based cleaning solution on the area of the upholstered furniture that has grease stains.
- Take a soft bristle brush and scrub the stained area in a circular manner gently. Make sure you are not rubbing it hard as it can damage the fabric of the upholstery. During this step of grease stain removal, be careful to not spread the stains in other areas by scrubbing them outside the stain.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in clean water. Use this damped cloth to dab on the stained area. This method of upholstery cleaning in Melbourne will transfer grease stains from upholstery to the cloth. Repeat the process of damping the cloth and dabbing the stain to remove stains completely.
- Take another clean and dry cloth and dab the area to remove excess water.
- Let your upholstery dry naturally before using it.
This grease stain removal hack will clean the stains from your upholstery. If the stains are not removed even after using this upholstery cleaning method, then call a professional company that offers upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
There are some tips that you must keep in mind while using this DIY grease stain removal hack:
- Try patch test if you are using ammonia for the first time on your upholstery.
- Do not make your upholstery too wet else it will leave moisture and cause issues.
- Act fast on stains as it will reduce upholstery cleaning efforts and give more effective results.
- Never rub your upholstery harshly as it can damage the fabric.
Contact Toms Upholstery Cleaning Melbourne for professional upholstery cleaning, leather couch cleaning, sofa cleaning.