Upholstered furniture is one of the home décor items and needs to be maintained correctly. Professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne is recommended to keep the upholstered furniture in the right shape. Still, some people like trying DIY hacks for upholstery cleaning in Melbourne. Sometimes, these cleaning hacks damage the upholstered furniture in a way that, it gets difficult to restore upholstery to the original form.
To help you ensure that you do not damage the upholstered furniture, here are the top 4 commonly made mistakes, which can be severely damaging as well. Moreover, in this blog post, we have shared some useful tips to keep your furniture safe while performing upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
1. Drenching Upholstered Furniture
- Whether it is a cleaning solution, a drink, or water used for upholstery cleaning, it can damage your upholstery.
- Soaking upholstery in water would leave watermark and odour.
- To avoid drenching upholstery, use bare minimum water. You can use damping or dabbing cleaning method instead of washing or soaking.
- Use professional steam upholstery cleaning Melbourne service instead of water cleaning method.
- Steam cleaning is considered as an effective cleaning method. It not only thoroughly cleans the upholstery, but it also disinfects it. However, overheating can damage the fabric.
- Maintain the right temperature during the steam cleaning.
- Use high-end tools for steam cleaning.
- If you do not have experience of steam cleaning, avoid it or use a professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne service.
3. Using Unsuitable Cleaning Solutions
- Applying any cleaning solution can be dangerous to the fabric.
- According to the leading upholstery cleaning Melbourne companies, using cleaning products, which have ammonia or bleach-based can result in discolouration or fabric damage.
- Before applying any cleaning solution on the stain or surface, you must read the manufacturer’s warning. It will help you know, which cleaning product is suitable for the fabric of your upholstered furniture.
- Avoid using ammonia or bleach-based cleaning solution.
- If you are not sure, what cleaning solution is suitable to the upholstery, then either do a spot test or call experienced upholstery cleaning Melbourne Company.
4. Scrubbing the Stains
- Stains often give hard time to people. In frustration, many people start scrubbing the stains. This can not only damage the upholstery, but it can also push stain down in the fabric.
- This kind of immature upholstery cleaning at home can cause discolouration, tear of the fabric, bad odour, and other damages.
- Use the right steam cleaner to clean stubborn stains.
- Never rub the upholstered furniture; not even lightly.
- Always use dab process to clean the stains.
- Try to react more quickly to the spill than letting it become a stubborn stain.
- If simple DIY cleaning hacks cannot remove the stain, call the professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne company at the earliest possible.
Read Next Blog: Why Professional Couch Steam Cleaning Melbourne Is Essential