Upholstered furniture needs to be handled well. This is required not only for the extended life and enhanced appearance of the upholstery but also for enjoying health benefits. Whether you spend a lot of time at home or not, it is necessary to maintain upholstery in good condition. One of the important things for keeping upholstery well maintained is regular Upholstery Cleaning Melbourne.
This might cause a question, how frequently you should clean the upholstery. In this blog post, we will share the right frequency of upholstery cleaning Melbourne, depending on the type of cleaning.
1. Routine Cleaning
- Even if you are not investing in frequent professional upholstery cleaning, you must clean upholstered furniture frequently.
- If you have time, you should do dusting every day or every other day. This helps in reducing the accumulation of dirt and dust on the upholstery.
- You must vacuum clean the upholstered furniture at least twice a week. If you are very busy and you do not have kids and pets, then you can vacuum it once a week. However, do not extend more than that.
- Stain needs to be addressed immediately instead of waiting until it becomes a stubborn stain, which is difficult to remove with regular upholstery cleaning Melbourne techniques.
2. Deep Clean
- Usually, deep cleaning gets performed by the experienced technicians from the company offering professional upholstery cleaning services. In this case, the frequency of cleaning would be once or twice in two years for the best results.
- If you are trying deep clean by yourself at home, then it should be performed only when you are dealing with odour, stubborn stains, or similar pollutants. You should also be sure that you have the required skills and tools for deep cleaning the upholstered furniture.
3. Professional Upholstery Cleaning
- There is no alternative of professional upholstery cleaning to maintain the beauty of the upholstered furniture and extend its life.
- Certified professionals always use the right tools and cleaners to remove dirt, dust, allergens, dust mites, stains, etc., which are difficult to remove with routine upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
- The professional upholstery cleaning usually includes deep root cleaning using steam cleaning or similar cleaning methods.
- If you use frequent upholstered furniture cleaning from the professionals, then you might not need steam cleaning repetitively. Here, the frequency of deep clean could be at least once in three to six months.
- If you do not want to invest in the professional upholstery cleaning that frequently, then you have to use it at least once in a year. If you experience musty odour before that interval, then you would need to invest in the professional cleaning services immediately.
- After the emergence of the COVID 19, the need of upholstery cleaning by professionals is even more necessary as it not only cleans the upholstered furniture but it also thoroughly sanitizes it.
Read Next Blog: 4 Upholstery Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid
Contact Toms Upholstery Cleaning for professional upholstery cleaning services in Melbourne.