Beer spills might look easy to clean, but it needs proper treatment. After soaking up a fresh beer spill, you may have a feeling of relief that you have cleaned it, but hang on. You may still leave a beer stain on the couch, which may end up turning a dark and ugly splotch, which can’t be removed without professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
To help you deal with beer stain on upholstery, here are effective cleaning hacks.
Fresh Beer Spills
- Soaking up beer as much as you can is the first step. But, it doesn’t end here.
- Use club soda to sponge clean beer stain on the couch. You can also use lukewarm water instead of club soda. Keep cleaning the stain until it is removed completely. At least, 2-3 rounds of cleaning will be needed.
- Rinse the club soda with water. You may also use a clean cloth damped in clean water for rinsing.
- Soak up excess moisture using paper towels to complete this process of upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- Let your couch air dry.
Beer Stains Removal:
- If the above-mentioned method doesn’t remove beer stain on upholstery, make a cleaning solution by mixing a half cup of white vinegar with a half cup of water. You can also use a one tsp liquid dishwasher and a half cup of water to make an upholstery cleaning solution.
- Sponge clean the stained area using the cleaning solution we have prepared. Repeat the process until the stain is removed completely.
- Rinse the area with clean water to remove particles of the liquid dishwasher or white vinegar.
- Let your upholstery air dry before using it.
Remove Old Beer Stains:
- Old beer stains on upholstery are not only ugly, but also difficult to remove. Thus, it is recommended to use upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- Sponge clean the stained area with cold water to moist the stain.
- Mix 1 tbsp white vinegar with 2/3 cup of rubbing alcohol and mix it to make an effective cleaning solution.
- Take a white, clean cloth and soak it into the cleaning solution.
- Press the soaked cloth on the beer stains on the couch and hold on for some seconds. This process will help in absorbing the stain.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the stain is removed effectively. Please note that you must continually change the side of the cloth or change the cloth. Every time use a clean side of the cloth to press down and absorb the stain.
- When the cloth starts coming clean and you don’t see beer stain on upholstery, sponge clean the area with clean water. Clean it thoroughly to remove the solution used to remove beer stains.
- Take a clean cloth or some paper towels to lift up moisture and air dry the area before using it.
If you still see beer stain on upholstery, use professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.