Keeping upholstery tidy and well maintained is necessary, so people invest in professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne. However, in some cases, they have to act fast to treat stains at the earliest possible. Even if you are going to use one of the best upholstery stain removal services, it is necessary to prevent stains from spreading and preventing stubborn stains.
One of the most difficult types of stains on upholstery is jam stains. We will share effective guides on upholstery cleaning Melbourne to get jam stains out of your upholstery.
Cleaning Tips To Remove Jam Stains From Upholstery
- If you see fresh jam stains, immediately scoop the jam with a spoon or spatula. It will prevent it from seeping down into the fabric.
- If the jam is dried out, scrape it gently and vacuum clean the upholstery in the first step.
Jam stains removal guide 1: Fresh stains
- Make a soapy cleaning solution using warm water and liquid laundry detergent. You can also use an upholstery cleaning solution for upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
- Take a microfiber cloth and moisten it in the cleaning solution.
- Use the cloth to gently rub the stains in a circular manner from outwards to inwards. Keep damping the cloth in the cleaning solution and rubbing it gently until the stain is removed.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in water at room temperature. Clean the soapy solution and stain from upholstery using this cloth.
Jam Stains Removal Guide 2: Fresh Stains
- Spread some cornflour on the stain and let it sit for some minutes. It will absorb the stain and won’t allow it to seep into the fabric.
- After 10 minutes, pour some water on the flour to make a thick paste.
- Take a soft bristle brush and gently scrub the stain.
- Clean it with water and let it dry before using it.
- This method can effectively remove jam stains without using upholstery stain removal services.
Jam Stains Removal Guide 3: Stubborn Stains
- Mix 3 tbsp white vinegar with a half cup of rubbing alcohol for this method of upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
- Dip a sponge in the cleaning solution you have just made and use it to clean the jam stains by blotting gently. Don’t rub upholstery while using this cleaning hack.
- Repeat the step of dipping a sponge in the cleaning solution and blot cleaning the jam stain will remove the stain within three attempts.
- Sponge clean upholstery with clean water and let it dry.
- If you still see jam stains, you must use expert upholstery stain removal services.
Jam Stains Removal Guide 4: Stubborn Stains
- Mix a half cup of water with a half cup of white vinegar to make an effective solution for upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
- Take a clean microfiber cloth and moisten it into the cleaning solution. Use it for cleaning the stain.
- Let it dry itself and then sponge clean it with water.
Even after using these cleaning methods, you can’t get rid of jam stains, you must use one of the best upholstery stain removal services.