Microfiber upholstery cleaning is quite challenging because the fabric of this type of upholstery is likely to get water stains if not cleaned correctly. The companies offering professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne or your city can help you get rid of stains and stubborn grime. Still, if you want to try your hands on microfiber upholstery cleaning at home, you are reading the right blog. We will share some easy and quick ways and important tips to clean microfiber upholstery on your own.
1. Read the Manufacturer’s Warning
- It is necessary to know the type of fabric and the correct method to clean your microfiber upholstery.
- There will be one or more letters in
capital and each one represents a code:
- S: Use a dry cleaning solution
- W: Water can be used for microfiber upholstery cleaning
- X or X-X: Use just a dry brush
- S-W: You can use a dry cleaning solution and water to clean it
- You must make sure that you don’t use acetone, bleach, or abrasive carpet cleaning solution to clean the microfiber sofa.
2. Microfiber Upholstery Cleaning with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Use of distilled white vinegar and baking soda not only to clean grime and odour from the upholstery but to also kill bacteria.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda, a half cup of distilled white vinegar and a half cup of warm water. Mix it well.
- Spray this microfiber upholstery cleaning solution on the affected area or a small section of the upholstery.
- Take a scrub brush and gently scrub the area on which you sprayed the cleaning solution.
- Let it dry out completely.
- You can clean the whole upholstered furniture using this cleaning method. You can also repeat the cleaning process for a better result.
3. Stain Cleaning with Rubbing Alcohol
- It is always recommended to use a professional service for upholstery cleaning in Melbourne to remove stains. If you decide to remove stains with DIY hacks, you need to be more cautious as the microfiber upholstery can get watermarks.
- If the liquid spills in front of you, take paper towels and blot quickly by pressing down the paper towels. Do not rub it else it will spread the stain and push it further down.
- To remove dried-out stains, spray rubbing alcohol directly on the stained area.
- Let it sit for ten minutes to work on the stains.
- Take a clean sponge and gently rub the stained area in a circular manner after 10 minutes. Be gentle while rubbing to make sure, you do not hamper the fabric.
4. Cleaning with Soap Foam
- Add liquid dishwasher soap into a bowl and pour warm water into it. It will cause soap foam.
- Take a clean white cloth for microfiber upholstery cleaning and wet it into the foam.
- Rub the stained area gently in a circular manner.
- Take a soft bristle brush and brush off the residue with it.
- Take a clean and dry cloth to remove the moisture as much as you can from the upholstery.
Read Next Blog: