Different types of upholstery can make or break the vibe of your room with its amazing colours, textures, fabrics, and more. When you choose upholstery, there are many things that you must consider before making a purchase decision. One of them is the types of fabric for upholstered furniture.
Fabric is necessary to consider checking overall purchase and maintenance costs including expenses related to upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
Popular Types of Upholstery Fabric in Australia
- It is a natural fabric.
- It is the most robust type of fabric available in upholstery.
- Simple upholstery cleaning for leather fabric is very easy.
- It is also perfect for families with kids and furry friends.
- It can give a lavish look to your living room.
- It is quite expensive.
- It is also a natural fabric and is most widely used in a majority of Australian homes.
- It is also very cosy and you can find multiple patterns and designs in this fabric.
- It is at high risk of stains and upholstery cleaning in Melbourne becomes difficult with cotton fabric to remove stains.
- It is the cheapest fabric available for upholstered furniture.
- It gives an amazing appearance to your interior, but it is susceptible to wrinkles and stains.
- It is affordable but can be avoided if you have kids and pets at home.
- It is likely to shrink in size if you wash it at home without knowing the right technique.
- You will need professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne to clean upholstered furniture made of linen.
- If you love a lavish look with comfort, velvet is the fabric you need to use.
- It doesn’t have loose threads, flat piles, or raised waves, which ensures that the fabric does not rip too easily.
- Velvet can give you a hard time when it comes to upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- You will need professional cleaning and regular vacuuming; dusting would not do the job.
- It is a synthetic fabric and often gets blended with cotton to create a more durable fabric for upholstered furniture.
- Outdoor yarns are often made of polyester fabric.
- This upholstery fabric also gives a wrinkle-free look to your furniture.
- Originally, this synthetic fabric was produced to give the feel of natural fabrics like silk, linen, and cotton.
- It is considered a durable and long-lasting fabric for upholstered furniture.
- Rayon is at a high risk of wrinkles that can spoil the charm of your upholstery.
- It is one of the synthetic upholstery fabrics.
- It can eliminate wrinkles if blended with other natural fabrics like velvet.
- It cannot be exposed under direct UV else it is likely to show early signs of wear and tear.
You May Like: DIY Hacks to Remove Red Wine Stains from Upholstery
As now you know all the major and popular types of fabric available for upholstery, you can choose the one that suits your preferences.
We are renowned for professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne. We can provide upholstery cleaning services for all types of upholstered furniture and fabric. Contact us to get a quote and discuss this further.