Ottoman sofa upholstery gives a classy look to your living room. This is the reason you see it in the living rooms of many people in Australia. To keep this beauty and class intact, it is necessary to clean it regularly similar to all other upholstery furniture. For routine ottoman cleaning, you can use vacuuming. However, it is not sufficient as it doesn’t perform a deep cleaning of the upholstery. You need to deep clean ottoman sofa upholstery on a regular interval. Wondering, how to do that? Here is the complete guide for you.
Deep Clean Ottoman Sofa Upholstery Guide
1. Get Ready:
- Preparation: The first step is removing everything from the surface of the sofa, including, cover. You can separately wash the cover as per the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Dusting: This is an important step in the ottoman cleaning process. Before starting the actual process, brush off the dust mounted up on the upholstery. You can use a brush attachment of vacuum cleaner for this part.
- Polishing: This step will be followed if the legs of ottoman sofa upholstery are made of wooden or metal. You can get polish from the market to polish it. It will give some more shine and new-alike look to your sofa.
- Vacuuming: To methodically clean ottoman sofa upholstery, you need to vacuum the sofa completely, including, its side. Use hose attachment of the vacuum cleaner to remove all dust by getting into all splits and cracks of the sofa.
2. Create a Cleaning Solution:
- ¼ cup of bleach-free mild detergent or carpet shampoo
- Lukewarm water
- Clean soft clothes
Make ottoman cleaning solution:
- Mix warm water with detergent or shampoo
- Shake it to make a foamy solution
If you have leather furniture, then you need to use the cleaning solution or soap advised by your manufacturer.
3. Method Of Cleaning Ottoman Sofa Upholstery:
- Apply foamed cleaning solution on the ottoman sofa upholstery with a clean soft cloth.
- If the upholstery has a brand new spot, then blot the spot. If it is a regular ottoman cleaning round, then scrub the area where cleaning foam is applied circularly. Be gentle while scrubbing.
Please be advised, take small areas and repeat the process as mentioned above. This cleaning process will pull dirt on the surface and let you wipe it off.
- Take another dry, soft cloth and mop the foamed cleaning solution and dirt extracted from it gently.
You are done with the ottoman cleaning process. Now, you need to let it dry.
This cleaning process will thoroughly clean ottoman sofa upholstery to enhance its look and feel. If this process cannot take off stains or still if the sofa looks old, you can take the help of experts. Call a professional ottoman cleaning company to clean it perfectly.
Toms ottoman cleaning services are renowned in Australia. Call on 1300 068 194 to get more details.