Usually, people think that the steam cleaning method is used only to clean the carpet, but it is also used by professionals for upholstery cleaning. This method to clean upholstered furniture is one of the best methods as it bestows many benefits to the homeowners. If you are thinking about whether upholstery steam cleaning is advantageous and safe or not then read this blog for more clarity.
6 Benefits Of Upholstery Steam Cleaning
1. Removes Dirt and Dust Completely
- Steam cleaning is the process of cleaning the fabric of upholstered furniture with steam, which will be at a very high temperature.
- This process will make sure that each part of the upholstery is cleaned thoroughly.
- The upholstery steam cleaning will give amazing results after cleaning.
2. Kills Bacteria
- Bed bugs, dust mites, and other microbes are commonly found in upholstery. Of course, regular upholstery cleaning can reduce the risk, but still, their existence cannot be overlooked.
- Upholstery steam cleaning will have very high-temperature steam as the main cleaning solution. The steam will clean all types of bacteria, its eggs, mould, etc.
- It will reduce health risks by removing these allergens.
3. Sanitise the Upholstered Furniture
- We all understand the importance of sanitisation. Along with our hands and bodies, our household items also need sanitisation.
- Steam cleaning can be one of the most effective ways to sanitise your carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Sanitisation will help in reducing the risk of COVID 19.
4. Improves Air Quality
- Believe it or not, the reason behind odour is sweat and some types of bacteria.
- Upholstery steam cleaning will kill these bacteria and remove all causes of odour.
- It will deodorize your upholstered furniture.
5. Increase the life of Upholstered Furniture
- In this method of upholstery cleaning, the professionals do not use any kind of chemicals. All they use is steam, which is created by heating normal tap water.
- It is unlike many other methods of cleaning upholstered furniture in which the cleaning engineers have to use some chemicals.
- As the chemicals are not used in the cleaning process, it makes sure that it does not hamper the fabric of the upholstery.
- The upholstery steam cleaning also removes all sorts of pollutants, which may hamper the beauty and quality of the upholstered furniture. This is how this method of cleaning upholstery helps in extending the life of your furniture.
- Please note, as steam is used here for cleaning, it is necessary only professionals having rich experience in steam cleaning do this job. The naïve attempt of cleaning with a DIY hack may cause damage to the upholstery.
6. Save Money
- Many people consider steam cleaning as an expensive option but think about the long term benefits.
- Steam cleaning meticulously removes dirt, dust, and allergens out.
- This reduces the need for frequent upholstery cleaning at home and by professionals.
- This assures you to save more after getting it cleaned with the steam cleaning method.