Leather upholstery is beautiful, but holding it in the same way as it was when bought is tough. Leather Upholstery Cleaning is completely different than fabric upholstery cleaning. One needs to be more gentle and careful while cleaning leather upholstery.
Leather tends to lose its shine and colour, which would deteriorate its appearance. It is recommended to invest in professional Upholstery Cleaning in Melbourne. To deal with common issues causing discolouration and fading, you can follow this cleaning guide to restore colour, shine, and beautiful looks of your leather upholstery.
We will share leather upholstery cleaning steps and tips based on common causes of discolouration and fading.
- Cleaning spillage from the leather upholstery is very easy. However, if it is left uncleaned, it can get soaked in and become a permanent stain.
- To prevent stains, you should condition the leather upholstery. It works as a protector and does not let spillage get soaked.
Even after taking proper care, you see stain then follow these leather upholstery cleaning steps:
- Remove the spillage if it is solid and blot the area with paper towels. Blotting is necessary for liquid spillage as well.
- Take white vinegar and water equally and mix it.
- Damp a clean white cloth into the solution you made of water and white vinegar.
- Dab the area with the damped cloth to remove the stain and leave it.
2. Dirt, Soil & Dust
- This is not uncommon to get dirt, dust and soil. It keeps getting accumulated if upholstery cleaning in Melbourne is not taken seriously. This accumulation can affect the leather and can be the cause of fading and discolouration.
- The simplest way of treating dirt, dust and soil is to clean the leather upholstery with a vacuum cleaner. Use brush attachment.
3. Oil and Grease
- Pet and humans have body oil and it gets transferred to the leather upholstery when they get in contact with the upholstery.
To effectively remove oil and grease stains from the leather upholstery, follow these cleaning steps:
- First, clean the area with leather cleaning wipes or baby wipes by gently wiping it.
- Take a clean white cloth and damp it into conditioning soap suitable for leather.
- Use dab and clean method to remove the stains.
- Take another clean white cloth and gently wipe the area to remove moisture.
- Sprinkle baking soda open headedly and let it sit for six to eight hours.
- Remove the baking soda with a brush.
If any of the aforementioned leather upholstery cleaning methods fail to remove the stains and restore the colour and appearance of your upholstery, then you must call a reliable company offering leather upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
Remember, you must use professional services for:
- Protective coating
- Hydration and
Professionals will help in leather upholstery cleaning and restoration. Moreover, they will help you prevent stains, which can result in discolouration.