If you are experiencing a foul smell due to your couch, you should use professional sofa cleaning Melbourne. Professionals will not only clean the couch but will also disinfect and deodorise it. You can also deodorise the couch at home with easy upholstery cleaning hacks.
We will share simple steps that you can follow to clean and deodorise your couch at home:
Step 1: Wash Removable Covers
- If you are using cushion covers, sofa covers, etc., the first step to follow is washing them out.
- Along with cleaning detergent, use some drops of fragrances to deodorise the covers.
Step 2: Vacuum Clean the Couch
- The important step of deodorizing a couch is first level upholstery cleaning.
- Vacuum clean couch thoroughly to remove all solid dust and dirt particles from the surface.
- Use hose or duster attachments for sofa cleaning Melbourne.
- Don’t leave the corners of the couch unattended.
Step 3: Stain Cleaning
- Stains are often the most common reason behind pong.
- During upholstery cleaning, if you notice any stains, you must spot treat the stain first.
- It is always a good practice to check the couch regularly to treat stains at the earliest possible. However, if any stains are missed out and grab your attention during this deodorisation process, don’t wait to treat them later.
- Use an effective stain removal method to remove stains before moving to the next step.
Step 4: Deodorisation Process
- After pre-treatment, this is the time to de-pong your couch.
- Shake over a generous amount of baking soda on the couch. Baking soda is a great odour absorber. It can also break down the dust particles and make them easier to lift with simple sofa cleaning Melbourne.
- Leave baking soda overnight or for a minimum of seven to eight hours to work on the spot. This much time is required to absorb odours completely from the couch.
- In the last step, vacuum cleans the baking soda.
Step 5: Use White Vinegar for Deodorisation
- If you still experience pong, you may need to follow this step. If baking soda removes a foul smell, you can skip this step.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water at normal temperature into a spray bottle. Shake the bottle well to make an effective deodoriser for the couch.
- Spray it on the entire couch and let it air dry. You can open windows and doors to reduce drying time.
- Don’t be afraid if you experience a strong vinegar smell during this process. Once it dries out, the smell of vinegar will disappear. It will deodorise the couch.
It is necessary to keep your couch clean and deodorised with the right upholstery cleaning and deodorizing methods. It will not only keep the ambience nice but will also reduce allergies. The steps mentioned in this article will clean and deodorise the couch completely. If you experience pong within a short span of trying this method, you must call experts of sofa cleaning Melbourne. They will use professional tools to clean and deodorise the couch.