Faux leather upholstery is in demand because of its elegance and lavish look, which resembles real leather without making a hole in your pocket. To maintain the lavish look of your faux leather upholstery, it is necessary to know how to keep it clean and well maintained with the right faux leather upholstery cleaning hacks and tips.
Regular Faux Leather Cleaning
- You can vacuum clean your upholstery to prevent scratches or wear and tear due to dirt.
- Always use a brush attachment for vacuum cleaning to receive effective results and not damage the couch or other upholstery.
- The good news with faux leather cleaning is that it is water-resistant. It means you can also use water for cleaning your upholstery.
- For regular cleaning, you can use a damp cloth to wipe off the artificial leather furniture.
- You can also mix mild detergent and water to create a soapy solution and complete faux leather upholstery cleaning with that cleaning solution. You need to clean upholstery with clean water at the end of the cleaning process. Make sure you do not use too much water else it may result in cracks or dryness. You can use a damp cloth as an effective cleaning solution using water.
- Always let your upholstered furniture completely dry before using it if you have used water for leather upholstery cleaning.
Spot Cleaning on Faux Leather Upholstery
- Spot cleaning is a complex process because you cannot use any random cleaning solution or DIY hack on this fabric.
- You can use a cloth damped in water or a cleaning solution made of liquid detergent and water. Wipe the stain with this cleaning solution.
- If a stain is not removed with this wipe cleaning method, then you better use a faux leather cleaning solution or use a professional leather upholstery cleaning service to get rid of stains.
Cleaning Mould and Mildew
- Witnessing mould and mildew on artificial leather is common and you cannot escape from it. The major reason behind this is the moisture trapped in the fabric after cleaning. Thus, it is recommended to dry out your upholstered furniture completely if you have used water or liquid-based cleaning solutions for cleaning.
- If your furniture already has mould and mildew, then you can still clean it at home with a simple cleaning technique.
- For faux couch and upholstery, you can use rubbing alcohol to get rid of mildew and mould. However, for leather upholstery cleaning, you must use vinegar instead of rubbing alcohol.
Conditioning Faux Leather Upholstery
- The professional companies offering faux leather upholstery cleaning recommend shampooing and conditioning the couch.
- You can use any shampoo and conditioner available in the market for cleaning.
- Follow the instruction given by the manufacturer for cleaning and conditioning.
Get a cleaning quote from Toms Upholstery Cleaning in Melbourne for same-day cleaning.
Read Next Blog: