Maintenance of a crisp, white sofa can be a nightmare if you don’t know the right technique. Even professional sofa cleaning in Melbourne at a regular interval will not save you if you fail to take good care of it.
Does it mean you should not get a white couch? Of course not! Just learn how to keep your white sofa white with the right cleaning tricks and how to deal with stains.
- The standard rule applies to the white couch as well. The faster you act, the better you can handle it. Blot the clean liquid with paper towels and wipe off food spills as soon as you see them avoiding the harsh stain removal process.
- Always use either a dry cleaning or a water-based cleaning method for white sofa cleaning.
- Avoid using chemicals on the white couch.
- Don’t use too much water for white sofa cleaning else it may leave water stains behind.
Now, let’s check the DIY white sofa cleaning in Melbourne.
1. Dry Cleaning Method
- Using dry solvent for white sofa cleaning can be a safe and effective way to deal with stains. You can be assured that you won’t leave your couch wet or may witness water stains after the cleaning process.
- Take a clean, white cloth and pour two tablespoons of dry solvent on the cloth for sofa cleaning in Melbourne.
- Start blot cleaning the stain on the white couch with the damped cloth. Work on the edges first and gently move from the corners to the centre of the stain. Remember to be gentle while cleaning the stain, so you don’t push it deeper into the fibre.
- Add some more dry cleaning solvent if needed to effectively remove stains out of the white couch. Also, continue using the clean side of the cloth to effectively lift up the stain.
- Leave the affected area for a day to effectively clean it and ensure no more dirt lingers there.
2. Water-Based Cleaning Method
- This method is very effective if you are dealing with wet stains or liquid spillage on the white sofa.
- Absorb as much liquid as possible with paper towels.
- With a vacuum cleaner and the right attachment, clean the sofa before moving to the next step of white sofa cleaning.
- Mix 1 tbsp liquid dish soap into two to three cups of water.
- Damp a clean, white cloth into the soapy solution for the next steps of sofa cleaning in Melbourne. Make sure the cloth is damp and not wet.
- Start dabbing the stain with a damp cloth to lift up the stain. Don’t give pressure on the couch during the dabbing process. Keep damping cloth into the cleaning solution and dab cleaning the couch. You can also change the cloth if required to clean the stain.
- Mix half part of bleach in five parts of water. Damp another white cloth into this cleaning solution.
- Dab clean the stain with a damp cloth for effective white sofa cleaning.
- After removing the stain, take a white cloth and moisten it in clean water and dab cleaning all cleaning agents from the sofa.
- Let the couch dry completely before using it again.
Contact Toms Upholstery Cleaning Melbourne today!
Read Next Blog: