Everyone is aware of the world novel Coronavirus and the pandemic caused by its uncontrollable spread. The Australian government has given guidelines to follow which can help you stay safe. However, you also need to take additional actions to keep yourself and your family safe during this pandemic.
There are many articles written about keeping distance, wearing a mask, and following certain hygiene standards to stay safe from this virus. However, not many articles written on the home cleaning tips to keep the home and entities in it protected from the Coronavirus.
Do not worry.
In this article, you will learn top tips for disinfecting and cleaning your house to keep it safe.
4 Home Cleaning Tips to Reduce The Spread of Coronavirus
1. Regularly Clean And Disinfect Hard Surfaces
The Coronavirus can live on the hard surface from certain hours to some days. Thus, according to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), hard surfaces in the house must be cleaned regularly. Follow the below mentioned house cleaning tips:
- Wear a mask and gloves to stay safe from inhaling the virus if it actually is in your house.
- Vacuum the grime and dust from the surfaces.
- Use disinfectant to disinfect the surface by following the given usage guidelines.
You should disinfect the hard surfaces two to three times a week.
2. Upholstery Cleaning and Disinfecting
In each house, upholstery is used more frequently whether it is a couch, chair, or something else. Thus, you must regularly follow the below mentioned tips for upholstery cleaning and disinfecting:n
- Cover the upholstery furniture and wash the cover every alternate day with disinfectant. Do not forget to hang it to get dry in sunlight for at least three hours.
- Vacuum the upholstery regularly.
- Use disinfectant which is suitable for upholstery cleaning based on the fabric and manufacturer’s warning.
3. Disinfecting Areas Touched More Often
There are some areas which are touched more often, especially, when you come from outside such as:
- Power switches
- Water taps
These are more dangerous surfaces that can be the house of fatal Coronavirus. Thus, clean and disinfect it daily.
4. Clean Your Phone
We all use phones several times a day. The Coronavirus can live on the phone surface for days. Thus, follow the following steps to clean it:
- Take a lint-free cloth and clean the surface thoroughly.
- Take isopropyl alcohol wipes and wipe the hard surface gently. Do not rub or wipe too hard.
- Wipe it again wi
- th a clean and lint-free cloth.
Please keep in mind, at any point, do not spray sanitizer or disinfectant on the phone. Moisture should not make its way to any opening of your phone.
There are no clear signs about the disappearance of Coronavirus in a nearer future. Thus, it is necessary to perform car, phone, hard surfaces, and upholstery cleaning in your routine house cleaning to keep your house germ free and safe.