Couch upholstery or sofa cleaning is a tough process. Regular vacuuming is needed and so does the regular dusting. However, sometimes, there are stains, spills, and some other types of the mess that you need to get rid of. In this case, you can use cost-effective homemade remedies for Couch cleaning.
1. Upholstery Couch Cleaning
You need to have patience and the right remedy to clean couch upholstery. Here is the recipe you can use.
- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- A sponge
- White towels
- Essential oil
- 1 spray bottle
Steps To Make The Cleaning Solution:
- Take a spray bottle and add vinegar and rubbing alcohol in it
- Shake the bottle to mix both ingredients
- Steps to clean couch upholstery:
- Spray the affected area of couch upholstery with the prepared cleaning solution
- Use the sponge to scrub it tenderly.
- Use paper towels to wipe off the solution
You can repeat the process 2 to 3 times to remove the stains or dirt from the couch upholstery. This will not only remove the stain, but it will also replace odour with a nice fragrance.
2. Leather, Suede, and Linen Sofa Cleaning
If you are looking for sofa cleaning remedy for sofa made of leather, linen or suede, then follow this remedy for sofa cleaning.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Suede brush
- Dry napkin
- 1 spray bottle
Steps To Clean Couch Upholstery:
The sofa with delicate and expensive material is often difficult to clean. Thus, precautions are needed. For instance, if someone spills food or drink on the sofa, take immediate action. Use the white towels to blot the spill and clean it immediately. If it has left stains, follow below-mentioned remedy for sofa cleaning:
- Spray rubbing alcohol on the area with stains
- Rub with a suede brush to remove the stains. Be firm yet smooth to not hurt the fabric yet remove the stains
- Blot the excessive rubbing alcohol by pressing the dry napkin on this area
That is it. It will clean your sofa. You can repeat the process if it doesn’t remove the stains in the first attempt.
Generally, the homemade remedies for couch cleaning are effective and remove stains and odour from the couch. However, if you do not see them going after three attempts, you better call the professionals.
Toms Upholstery Cleaning Melbourne is one of the renowned companies that offer the best sofa cleaning services in major cities of Australia. They use eco-friendly material to clean the stains and odour without hurting the fabric of the couch. The certified technicians clean all different types of couch upholstery and other types of sofas as well. To get a free quotation, call on 1300 068 194.