Summer is upon us and this is the time to get your cleaning gears out. Many families use professional house cleaning services from renowned upholstery cleaning service providers. Other than a professional cleaning, there are some cleaning activities that you need to carry out.
In this article, we will share a free summer house cleaning checklist for your house.
1. Living room
- Use a professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne to clean and disinfect your living room upholstery. It is necessary to remove odour, mites, bacteria, etc. from your upholstered furniture placed in the living room.
- Remove detachable covers and curtains and wash them.
- Wipe off fans, photo frames, remote controls, tabletops, etc.
- Vacuum clean the whole living room.
- Use steam cleaning to clean your carpet. Usually, upholstery cleaning service providers also provide carpet steam cleaning.
- Wipe off lamps, dressing tables, and wardrobe with a damp cloth.
- Air out all drawers in the bedroom.
- Change your heavy blankets with linens.
- Invest in professional mattress cleaning.
- Wash all bed sheets and pillow covers.
- Invest in professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne to clean upholstery in your bedroom.
- Change rugs in the bedroom or clean them with DIY cleaning hacks.
- Invest in professional tile and grout cleaning to remove all spots and marks from tiles and grout.
- Make sure bathtubs, toilets, toilet seats, sinks, etc. are cleaned properly.
- Clean the mirror with a cleaning solution made of white vinegar and water.
- Wash brush holders with an antibacterial liquid.
- Use white vinegar to clean faucets and showerhead.
- Clean the drainage line using baking soda and vinegar.
- Air out your kitchen drawers and cupboard after emptying them.
- Wipe off the countertop, stovetop, chopping boards, etc.
- Degrease your stove and oven and clean them thoroughly.
- Clean the cooker vent.
- Clean your refrigerator: clean all shelves by removing everything out of your fridge.
- Defrost your freezer to clean it completely. Wipe it off with a clean cloth after defrosting.
- Throw expired food items.
- Clean dining area. If you have upholstery in the dining area, use a professional upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
- Get your HVAC system cleaned by professionals. You can use your upholstery cleaning service provider to clean the ducted system as well.
- Change the air filters of your HVAC system.
- Clean your carpets and rugs with DIY hacks or professional companies.
- Change the position of furniture if it is placed on the carpet or rugs to reduce wear and tear.
- Wash out all covers, curtains, etc. to use them in summer. You can also change them to match the interior with the spring.
- Clean your patio with pressure washing.
- Vacuum clean all areas of the house.
To get your house completely cleaned and hygienic to be summer-ready, you must give an eye for summer cleaning checklist detail. Use professional services and the best DIY hack to clean your home. Keep this spring home cleaning checklist in mind while cleaning.