We at Toms Upholstery Cleaning offer tailored-for-you dry cleaning and steam upholstery cleaning service across Eastern Melbourne suburbs and other areas. In this blog we will focus on how to clean upholstery with a home steam cleaner. If you are hiring a home upholstery steam cleaner professional or planning to steam clean upholstery yourself here’s the guide to steam clean upholstery yourself!
Top 5 Steps To Clean Upholstery With A Home Steam Cleaner
Step 1: Remove All The Caked And Clogged Up Dust
First thing’s first you need to remove all the caked and clogged up dust, pollen and allergens off from the upholstery fabric.
- If you have a fabric upholstery than you must remove the dust and dirt from the coherence of the threads of the fabric, you’ll need a vacuum cleaner for this job.
- If your upholstery has a leather fabric than you can dust off the dirt from it simply with a dusting cloth, if the percolated dust is too much, you can use a vacuum cleaner.
Step 2: Spray Your Entire Upholstery
Now you need to spray your entire upholstery with a commercial upholstery cleaner available.
- Spray the cleaner all over.
- Spray it more on stained areas.
- Make sure nothing is left to be sprayed.
Step 3: Use A Cotton Cloth
- To wipe off all the wet areas.
- Now use a cotton cloth to rub the stained areas.
- See if the upholstery is not losing colour.
- Leave the upholstery to dry for a while.
Step 4: Bring The Home Upholstery Steam Cleaner
Now that your upholstery is dried, you can start steam clean upholstery yourself with a home upholstery steam cleaner.
- Start by loading your steam cleaner with the needed amount of steam cleaning solution and water.
- Affix the proper steam cleaning attachment and the cleaner’s strength to the proper setting (read your home upholstery steam cleaning owner’s manual to learn the exact way details before executing steam cleaning yourself).
- Turn on your steam cleaner and start with the cleaning process.
- Move the steam cleaning nozzle/brush in consistent, long strokes all over the upholstery.
- It is advisable to remove the upholstery from the piece of upholstery you’re cleaning and proceed to steam clean from both the sides.
Step 5: Vacuum
- Use a wet/dry vacuum to speed up the drying process if you’re in a hurry to use your furniture again. Operate it just the same way as steam cleaner.
- If not in hurry, just wait for it to dry.
If you do not want to go through any hullabaloo of cleaning your entire house’s upholstery by yourself you can hire Upholstery Steam Cleaning Services providers. They can give you the guaranteed best results and also there will be no risk of getting upholstery damaged in the process. Call on 1300 068 194 to same-day, on-site service across Eastern Melbourne Suburbs, or to get a free quote!